REMINDER

[http://www.techenterprises.net/enews/images/CRLA_Louisville_2016_header_resized(2).jpg]

Call for Proposals Now Open

The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is now accepting proposal submissions for its 49th Annual Conference, in Louisville, Kentucky, November 3-6, 2016.  Download the Call for Proposals<http://www.crla.net/conference/2016/img/CRLA_2016_Call_for_Proposals.pdf> here for more details.

We are accepting proposals for 60 and 90 minute concurrent sessions, 60 minute round tables, and half and full day pre-conference institutes.  The pre-conference institutes are held on Thursday, November 3 and last 3 hours for the half day and 6 hours for the full day institutes.

The 2016 Conference theme is Tracking Student Transitions. Learning Assistance programs (LAPs) now have the benefit of a long and often successful history. In a data-driven time in education, Learning Assistance programs increasingly have to track data and justify their funding and priorities, and rely not just on their past successes, but on future viability. While we celebrate milestones in developmental education, mentoring and tutoring, and in other areas, we also must face challenges and adapt, learning from each other.

This year in Louisville, CRLA is proud to have Professor Saundra McGuire as our keynote speaker.  She is a widely respected expert in learning support, having spent more than forty years in the field, and recently authored a new book that will be available at the conference, “Teach Students How to Learn” (2015 Stylus).  From metacognition to motivation, Saundra will share her wide experience and ongoing research and offer us not just encouragement but practical, research-based ideas to make learning assistance more effective.  We are very excited to have her joining us!  It’s just one more reason to attend a special CRLA conference this November in the Bluegrass State to celebrate milestones and learn from each other.

Please consider submitting a proposal to present at the conference.