Hi Lynda,

I run the academic part of the early alert system. An associate dean of students runs the non-academic part. I would say it take a majority of my time. Maybe 60-80% of my time per day; which may be a higher amount of time than other colleges. We receive a ton of early alerts.

I process the report through the maxient system. Reach out to the student and then meet with them. The meetings can be anything from study skills and strategies to writing petitions or an appeal of college policy to discuss ways to connect with therapists. Meetings can take anywhere from 30-90 minutes initially and then I meet weekly with a lot of the students.

Once the issue is resolved I close the case. At the beginning and end of each case I update the reporter. That is the most important part because then I get more early alerts sooner.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Jenny Salmon
Director, Student Academic Success Programs
Center for Student Success
North Central College
630-637-5111

>>> Lynda Sukolsky <[log in to unmask]> 3/17/2016 8:23 AM >>>
Good Morning,
For those who have some type of management/oversight to an early alert or
academic alert system, can you share approximately how much of your time is
spent on these duties?  If you can, also include what you are doing during
that time.

Thank you!
Lynda Sukolsky

Lynda J. Sukolsky, M.Ed.