Good morning to all:

Our university has been using Catracks for students sign-in but the collected data is specific to the department rather than campus wide (i.e. tutoring, writing center, SSS, etc.). Campus administration has decided to discontinue its usage this summer.

In the meantime, it is implementing EAB Student Success Collaborative (SSC) for its academic advising and predictive analytic capabilities.  This new tool will enable student advising activities to be tracked across campus.  I am wondering if card-swipe log in can be used to track students' engagement with various student services.  I have posed this question to our department's EAB SSC  point person and am awaiting the response.

In the meantime, if any of you have been using EAB SSC on your campuses, I'd like to hear from  you in light of what I have shared.  What card-swipe technology would you recommend that we could use on our current dedicated sign-in computer workstation?

Thank you, in advance, for sharing your experiences and recommendation.  KPBaker

________________________________
"Helping Under-prepared Students Prepare, Prepared Students Advance, and Advanced Students Excel"  The NADE Motto

Karen Parrish Baker, Ph.D.
Project Director/PI, Student Support Services Program
Academic Opportunity Center
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Mitchell Hall Room 135B
(414) 229-3765

Co-Chair,  Academic Staff
UWM African American Faculty and Staff Council

Ask not what college can do for you; ask what you can do for yourself while in college (paraphrasing John F. Kennedy's famous quote)

LGBTQ Safe Zone
NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: This email (and any attachments) is intended solely for the addressee(s); access by anyone else is unauthorized.  Further, this email and any attachments may contain information that is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or other privacy laws.  For example, if this email contains any student specific data or information, these laws apply. If you are NOT the intended recipient(s) of this email, do not disseminate, distribute, or copy it. Please reply to the sender that you have received this message in error, then delete it. Thank you for your cooperation.