 Florida colleagues, please tell me how Federal Financial Aid is handled at your college for those "exempt" students who do choose to take a placement test, determine they need developmental course work, and enroll in the course.  Also, please include in your answer if you know whether your college is in course compliance with Federal Financial Aid.  You may answer me directly at [log in to unmask] if you don't want to post your answer to the list.

If Florida didn't have such a thing as "exempt" and "non-exempt" students, there'd be no question about the issue since Federal Financial Aid will cover up to 30 hours of developmental.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Elizabeth Smith