Hello,

I apologize if this subject has come up often but I've had trouble finding what I'm looking for in the archives. I was wondering if those of you who coordinate tutoring/tutor centers provide the names of students who come for tutoring to their faculty members. If your center has a clear written policy either way, would you be able to share it with me?

We do not provide faculty with names but are happy to work with faculty and students when it comes to best supporting the student. However, we have had an increase in the number of faculty who are asking for the names and we are trying to get a sense of best practices and what might work best for everyone involved. For example, if you do share the names of students who come in for tutoring with their faculty, how are students made aware of that?

Thank you,
Megan

Megan Penyack, MATESOL, EdM
Coordinator of Academic Services