*Political Networks 2016*
9th Annual Political Networks Workshops & Conference
*June 23-25, 2016*
Charles F. Knight Center
Washington University in Saint Louis

Dear Political Network Analysis Enthusiasts,

Don't forget to apply to present your work at the Ninth Annual Political
Networks Conference & Workshops this June 23-25, hosted by Washington
University in St. Louis. You can find information about the conference
and an application through the following link:

http://conference.polinetworks.org/2016

We seek proposals for individual papers and organized panels that engage
in rigorous theoretical and/or empirical research on the application of
network concepts to politics and policy. We welcome contributions that
develop novel conceptual and methodological approaches to the analysis
of political networks. We aim to have a conference that represents
research from a broad range of subfields and methodologies. Submissions
are encouraged from scholars in any related field, including, but not
limited to, political science, sociology, economics, anthropology,
psychology, business, statistics, computer science and information science.

Additionally, the first day (June 23) is devoted to workshops, organized
introductory and more advanced, inferential tracks:

_Track 1: Intro_
Introduction to Network Analysis with Bruce Desmarais, Pennsylvania
State University
Network visualization with R with Katherine Ognyanova, Rutgers University

_Track 2: Inferential_
Inferential Network Models, Part I with Skyler Cranmer, Ohio State
University
Inferential Network Models, Part II with Philip Leifeld, Eawag and
University of Bern_

_See http://conference.polinetworks.org/2016/workshops for full workshop
descriptions.
_
__Applications due_: *Friday, April 1*

The conference has received generous funding from the Washington
University Political Science Department and the Weidenbaum Center on the
Economy, Government & Public Policy.

Conference co-hosts: Betsy Sinclair, Jacob Montgomery, & Jon Rogowski,
Washington University
Conference administrators: Joshua Boston & Sarah Crean, Washington
University
Program Chairs: Brendan Nyhan, Dartmouth College
Training Chair: Skyler Cranmer, Ohio State University
Fellowship Committee: Alex Hughes, University of California-San Diego;
Matthew Pietryka, Florida State University; and Elizabeth Menninga,
University of Iowa