AsiaSim 2016: Special Track on Social Simulations

Selected papers will be published as a special issue of
Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory (SSCI-Indexed).

Social simulation is one way to glimpse the future of our society that
has not been seen before. Even in the days of big-data, the future is
difficult to predict particularly if there are anticipated changes which will
affect the course of individuals’ lives fundamentally. Major national policies
in welfare; unseen disasters and our preparedness against them; significant
changes in our economies; and paradigm and cultural shifts in our societies
will influence individuals within a society, and the changes of individuals
will create an emergent and systematic turbulence within our society.

These significant and fundamental changes cannot be easily predicted with
only data analysis because such data analysis relies on believing that the
past behavior would be observed in the future, as well. If we aims at analyzing
our future society before and after the major paradigm shifts for individuals,
we have to model the individuals; the interactions and the structures of our
society; and finally the paradigm shift events. We will use our data as well
as modelers’ knowledge and understanding on our society to virtually recreate
and simulate our society, which are the fundamental goal of social simulations.

This special session is a place where researchers and practitioners share
ideas on the methodologies and the applications of social simulations.
Our interested topics are enumerated in the below, yet submissions in the
relevant fields are welcome.

Key Dates
- Full paper submission deadline: Mar 30, 2016 (Very likely expanded to the end of April)
- Notification of acceptance: May 30, 2016
- Submission of final manuscript: Jun 30, 2016

Conference Information
- Special Track Website: http://www.asia-scs-sim2016.org/conference/Track_Social.html
- Submission page: http://www.asia-scs-sim2016.org/conference/index-PaperSubmit.html
- Location: China National Convention Center, Beijing, China
- Conference period: Oct 8-11, 2016

Topics of interests
- Methodologies
Large scale agent-based simulations
Large scale social networks for social simulations
GIS based social simulations
Virtual population generations
Calibration and validation of virtual societies
Data-driven social simulation modeling
Data analysis for social simulations
Visualization and webizing for social simulations
- Applications
Social simulations for economics
Social simulations for policy making and politics
Social simulations for disaster management
Social simulations for history and archaeology
Social simulations for population analysis
Social simulations for urban planning and traffics
Social simulations for belief, cultural, and ideology analysis

Organizers

Track Chair:
- Wenji Mao, Chinese Academy of Science
- Yun Bae Kim, Sung Kyun Kwan University
- Il-Chul Moon, KAIST

Track Co-Chair:
- Jang Won Bae, ETRI