Dear colleagues,

First of all, please accept our apologies if you received multiple copies of this Call.
The extended deadline for submission to the special issue on personal network analysis is near. Consequently, we would like to remind the essential details.
Extended deadline: April, 1, 2016. Details are as follows:
Call for papers: “RecentAdvancements, Developments and Applications of Personal Network Analysis”special issue of International Review of Social Research, volume 6, issue 2,October 2016.
 Guest editors: Marian-Gabriel Hâncean (University ofBucharest, Romania), José Luis Molina (Autonomous University ofBarcelona, Spain) and Miranda Jessica Lubbers (Autonomous University ofBarcelona, Spain).  We invite scholars to submit originalpapers (irrespective of their corresponding research stage; i.e. early stage,ongoing or completed) that are focused on either a fully personal networkdesign, or on a design that combines personal network analysis with otherapproaches (mixed research methods).  In spite of the below mentioned topicsequence, we encourage authors from every discipline and field, to submit boththeoretically and methodologically oriented papers, as long as they employ apersonal network analysis approach.
Generally, we expect to receivemanuscripts focused on:  - Theantecedents of personal networks (e.g. individual strategies for buildingpersonal networks, homophily, reciprocity, balance, transitivity etc.);- The impact ofpersonal networks on individual / collective behavior (e.g. decision-making,acculturation, entry into the labor markets, scientific productivity andimpact, migration and social mobility); - Thecombination of research strategies as to enable the investigation of thestructure, composition and the immanent processes of personal networks; - Cross-sectionalor longitudinal personal network analysis; - The analysisof personal networks’ structural characteristics (bridging, brokerage, density)in relation to their dynamics; - Thecontribution of visualizations to personal network analysis (e.g. the impact ofvisualization variables in the research process, the analysis of displays, theaggregation of collection of personal networks in clustered graphs etc.); - The challengesand benefits of mixing methods related to personal network research; - The criticalanalysis of methods for the collection of personal networks methodology (namegenerators, position generators, computer assisted versus personal datacollection etc); - Themethodology for standardizing and comparing personal networks.  Theeditors kindly request authors to send papers of 4,000 – 8,000 words togetherwith an abstract of no more than 200 words, until the 1st of April, 2016, to the following addresses: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]  Priorto submission, please check author guidelines at http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/irsr

Warmest regards, ___________________________________________Hancean, Marian-GabrielPhD, Associate Professor

University of Bucharest, Department of Sociology9, Schitu Magureanu St., Bucharest, RomaniaPostal code 010181Phone: +40722745115