On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Frederic Grevin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Larry Medina said "‎But...but...BUT.... haven't we been trying to tell
> everyone THIS ISN'T THE
> ISSUE?!?!?!?!?!?!?"
>
> I think the business model is "sell now, apologise later..."
>
> Well, maybe NOT apologise:  just forget.

For decades, there has been warranties on boxes media comes in, I remember
when they were first selling "Gold Discs" and they had a statement on them
"these discs are designed to last up to 100 years when properly stored" and
carried a "Limited Lifetime Warranty"....  which basically said "If this
product is found to be defective, it will be replaced at no cost to you."

http://www.verbatim.com/prod/optical-media/dvd/archival-grade-gold-dvd-r/ultralife/
http://www.verbatim.com/UserFiles/File/Limited%20Lifetime%20Warranty.pdf

Fat lot of good that does anyone when it's the DATA that was stored on the
media you need.

So, Sony?  Nothing new here.... it's no different than anything else that
lasts X years, getting a blank disc only means you'll never be without
coasters, or amulets to chase crows from your fruit trees.

Larry

--
Larry

*----Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CARIM Professional since 1972*