The El Paso City Council voted unanimously on Tuesday to delete a
controversial item that would have restricted an entire class of people
from requesting city documents through the Texas Public Information Act.

City Rep. Emma Acosta, who placed the open records item on the agenda,
initially asked City Council to approve an item that called for "discussion
and action regarding open records requests released to person(s) and/or
petitioner(s) convicted of a felony and/or misdemeanor of a crime of moral
turpitude."

http://bit.ly/1SKvarH
http://bit.ly/1SKvarH+

--