WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration set a record for the number of
times its federal employees told disappointed citizens, journalists and
others that despite searching they couldn't find a single page requested
under the Freedom of Information Act, according to a new Associated Press
analysis of government data.

In more than one in six cases, or 129,825 times, government searchers said
they came up empty-handed last year. Such cases contributed to an alarming
measurement: People who asked for records under the law received censored
files or nothing in 77 percent of requests, also a record. In the first
full year after President Barack Obama's election, that figure was only 65
percent of cases.

http://bit.ly/21BfbN6
http://bit.ly/21BfbN6+

--