Dear Colleagues,

If you attend, failed to attend, planned to attend, or wish you could
attend SunBelt 2016, you may want to have a look at the network of words
used in all Sunbelt titles. This is a quick and dirty analysis that by no
means constitute a serious research study:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yl1ajyx0w37r0g/sunbelt2016.pdf?dl=0

(I hope the link works!)

I collected all title words, except for the the "standard" stop words and,
naturally, the words "social," "network,' and "analysis." I stemmed all
collected words and discarded the stems that were used in no more than one
title. Each surviving node is represented by a network node. Two nodes are
connected if the stems are used together in at least two titles.

This is a rough sketch of our cultural domain. Enjoy!

--
Dmitry Zinoviev
Professor of Computer Science