Someone once started a list of packages on Wikipedia, but as was
predictable:
a) it has failed to keep up with the proliferation that Ian and others
noted
b) there is a lot of Wikicrud put on there by people promoting their own
commercial apps.
Some good soul could clean it up

And I suggest posting a list of R, Python, et al in Connections. That's
the kind of thing that I invented that informal journal for. Would be
great to have it online, via the Socnet website

   Barry Wellman
                  Streisand/Sondheim
   NETWORKED:The New Social Operating System   Lee Rainie & Barry Wellman
   MIT Press            http://amzn.to/zXZg39       Print $17  Kindle $11