Dear colleagues,

We are seeking a PhD student to add to our team of researchers working
on the following UK ESRC funded project "Measuring information exposure
in dynamic and dependent networks"
(http://www.ncrm.ac.uk/research/ExpoNet/).

EXPONet will model online content exposure as a complex network
incorporating both social and traditional media sources. Whether one is
consuming the news online or producing/consuming information on social
media, the fundamental dynamic of consuming political and other news
involves formation of ties between users and media content by a variety
of means (e.g. browsing, social sharing, search). Online media exposure
is then a process of network formation that links sources and consumers
of content via their interactions, requiring a network perspective for
its proper understanding.

The fully funded studentship will undertake a project within the ExpoNet
objectives but has substantial freedom within this remit to follow the
student's own interests. The University of Exeter
(http://www.exeter.ac.uk/) is a Russell Group research-intensive UK
university which regularly features in top-10 UK and top-100 global
research rankings.

Further details can be found here:

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=2065

The deadline for applications is 30 April, 2016.

Please forward to any relevant parties or mailing lists. Informal
enquiries can be directed to me at [log in to unmask] .

Regards,
Hywel

--
Dr Hywel T P Williams
College of Life & Environmental Sciences