 <https://anr.hse.ru/en/announcements/181735609.html> Fifth International
Summer School <THEORY AND METHODS OF EXPONENTIAL RANDOM GRAPH MODELING>
(TMSA-2016)

July 4-8, 2016, Moscow, Russia

NRU Higher School of Economics International Laboratory for Applied Network
Research (https://anr.hse.ru/en/) is delighted to invite applications for
its fifth summer school, "Theory and methods of Exponential Random Graph
Modeling."

The purpose of the school is to provide students who already have a solid
understanding of social network analysis, with some specifics of ERGM, a
family of statistical methods for analyzing networks. Topics covered are
designed to provide deeper understanding of network formation and structure
by comparing all possible alternative networks.

As with all previous schools, the main goal of the school is to help
participants use the integrated systems thinking approach to create
theoretically driven, methodologically sound research projects. Therefore,
the participants are encouraged to bring their own projects and data to the
school. Participants will also receive three ECTS credits for their
participation in the course. The working language of the school is English.

Participation requirements

Researchers and students who have a basic understanding of SNA methods and
interested in utilizing SNA in their respective areas of study, are invited
to apply. We are delighted to introduce our new
<https://www.hse.ru/en/ma/sna/> Master's program, "Applied Statistics with
Network Analysis," so we especially encourage prospective students to become
school participants.

Instructors

<http://www.swinburne.edu.au/business-law/staff/profile/index.php?id=pengwan
g> Peng Wang, Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne

 <https://www.hse.ru/en/org/persons/120496236> Stanley Wasserman, scientific
supervisor,  <http://anr.hse.ru/en/> NRU HSE International laboratory for
applied network research and Indiana University

 <https://www.hse.ru/en/staff/vkuskova> Valentina Kuskova and
<https://www.hse.ru/en/org/persons/34007547> Benjamin Lind, senior
researchers,  <http://anr.hse.ru/en/> NRU HSE International laboratory for
applied network research

Applications

Deadline for application is June 1, 2016.

To apply, please follow the
<https://www.hse.ru/expresspolls/poll/181734783.html> link.

Please include your CV and any other materials you find relevant (such as
abstracts of working papers), so that we can better tailor your individual
reading list to your academic interests.

Fees

As a departure from a traditional fee structure, the instruction for this
school is offered free of charge, and all materials (including individually
customized reading packets based on students' interest) and all meals except
dinner  will be provided (travel and accommodations are not included).
Admission preference will be given to applicants who are strongly interested
in applying to our new  <https://www.hse.ru/en/ma/sna/> Master's "Applied
Statistics with Network Analysis" program and are using this opportunity to
get acquainted with our faculty, resources, and research opportunities.

Contacts

e-mail:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Contact person: Enge Iskhakova, manager

Valentina (Valya) Kuskova, PhD

Deputy First Vice Rector

Head, NRU HSE International Laboratory for Applied Network Research

National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia

20 Myasnitskaya, office 231

Mobile Russia: +7-916-974-9287

Mobile US: +1-208-371-0324

 <http://www.anr.hse.ru/en/> www.anr.hse.ru/en/