Dear all,

As a follow-up to the discussion on listing R packages for SNA, the
following list

https://github.com/briatte/awesome-network-analysis

now contains over 100 links to

- books, conferences, courses, journals, review articles and professional groups
- network dataset repositories
- software written in C, C++, Java, JavaScript, Python, R and more
- tutorials and other online resources

The list also links to the Wikipedia English page referred to by Barry
Wellman a few hours ago.

Feel free to contribute directly on GitHub or by emailing me.

Cheers,

François

On 10 April 2016 at 22:36, François Briatte <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome
>
> -- Suggestion #2
>
> It might make sense to have a CRAN Task View just on Network Analysis,
> and to link to it from the CRAN Task View on Social Sciences. See:
>
> https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/
>
> Cheers,
>
> François
>

> On 10 April 2016 at 19:37, Raffaele Vacca <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ian,
>> Very interesting project! I would definitely include igraph in the
>> Visualization category too, because igraph has very powerful visualization
>> facilities.
>> Another comment is that, looking at your list, it's not clear to me where
>> you are drawing the line, that is, what the inclusion criterion for a
>> package is. The list includes packages that are not specifically for
>> networks, although they are certainly used by network analysts (e.g.
>> data.table, gganimate). However, if the criterion is "any package that is
>> used by network analysts", then some packages are missing which I'm sure
>> several people in this community use (e.g. ggplot, dplyr), and in fact your
>> list might quickly become very long and less meaningful. You might want to
>> think about restricting the list to (1) packages that have at least some
>> functions specifically thought for network data, or (2) packages that have
>> dependencies or inverse dependencies to packages in (1). Or maybe you could
>> do two lists, one for strictly network packages, one for "other packages
>> that network analysts find useful" (a consensus analysis on this would be
>> very interesting).
>> Raffaele
>>

>> On 4/10/16 9:32 AM, Ian McCulloh wrote:
>>>
>>> *****  To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org  *****
>>>
>>> Hello Friends!  I hope you enjoyed this year's Sunbelt.
>>>
>>> I was surprised at the number and diversity of R packages being used at
>>> this years Sunbelt.  In fact, I have identified 32 different packages.
>>> I'd
>>> like to write a review paper of R packages for SNA and would like a little
>>> help from the community up front.  Below is a link to a google sheets
>>> spreadsheet that lists the packages that I have identified.  I have also
>>> pasted them below in case there is an issue with the link.  If you are an
>>> user, I'd appreciate it if you could look at the list and let me know if I
>>> am missing any packages, preferably by adding to/editing the google sheet,
>>> but you can email me as well.  I'm also interested in your opinions on how
>>> I binned/organized the packages (CAPS LETTERS for topic bins).
>>>
>>> The Link
>>>
>>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CoFGtrW85D9FsVcAE5-bcXVl6QOTncwXjFBYp4u2WgE/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> If you have any thoughts on things that you might find useful in a review
>>> paper on this topic, please let me know.  I look forward to seeing you all
>>> next year.
>>>
>>> The list (in case you have a problem with the link)
>>> igraph
>>> intergraph
>>> Linkcomm
>>> Matrix