Dear Socnet,

My collaborators and I are working on a project in which we try to measure how much "schools of thought" affect the decisions of reviewers who evaluate manuscripts for an academic journal.

I am looking for literature on bibliometrically measuring/conceptualizing "schools of thought" in science. We have data on co-authorship and reviewers' and authors' publications (and references therein), etc. Literature on the interpretation of the various bibliometric measures would be especially great!

Thanks in advance,

Misha