In February, activist Michael Best took a novel approach to filing a mass
of Freedom of Information Act requests at once: he wrote a script to
automatically ask for the files of just under 7,000 dead FBI officials.

The FBI has replied, and it is not happy. The agency has decided to not
accept any of Best's related requests, and may have also blocked or
otherwise filtered further emails sent to the agency's FOIA department by
him. The episode shows that the way FOIAs are processed is very much an
antiquated practice, and that perhaps US government agencies should think
of new ways to handle requests.

http://bit.ly/1qlXKVL
http://bit.ly/1qlXKVL+

--