Every year I like checking on the status of the Florida Grasshopper Sparrow. I go to 3 Lakes WMA.. I got to talking to the biologist there this morning. They told me they may have the Sparrow in a stable situation now. Not really going up or down in numbers. They still don't have an answer as to why the bird's numbers were going down. I just hope that we will get some kind of positive data with numbers going up in the future. It appears that a lot of the Florida Grasshopper Sparrows have already gone to nesting at the present time..

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/26624064642

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/26445933760

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/26719980075

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/26718185255