Hi Sue,

Our college is primarily undergraduate, but we do have a small Master's of
Education program. We also collaborate with another university to offer a
Master's of Social Work degree. Here's how we handle the things you asked
about:

1. We have a faculty advising model on our campus, so the director of the
Master's of Education program (who actively teaches a variety of courses)
typically advises the Master's of Education students. Not sure how advising
is handled for the Social Work program.
2. All on-site.
3. Graduate students are encouraged to utilize the campus Writing Center,
which is a peer tutoring program that employs only undergraduate students.
Graduate students are typically paired with senior tutors. While this may
not be ideal for all programs, it works fairly well for us. (Our college
requires a senior thesis of every undergraduate student, so our Writing
Center is accustomed to dealing with thesis papers that may approach the
graduate level, particularly for the Master's programs that we offer. So
it's less of a jump in skill than it might otherwise be.)

Hope this helps!
Emily

Emily Janssen
Carthage College
Director of Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction
(262) 551-6047
HL 225