From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adams, Peter D.
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: IRW Texts

I have a question for all of you doing IRW classes: are reading and writing integrated only at the developmental level?  Why not also integrate reading into first year composition, as Bartholmae and Petrosky recommended in Facts, Artifacts, and Counterfacts way back in the 80s?

Peter Adams
Professor Emeritus
Community College of Baltimore County

443*710*1852