We are now taking registration for the *2016 CASOS Summer Institute*.
This week long event provides an intense hands-on introduction to
network analysis and visualization from a combined social-network,
network-science, link-analysis and dynamic network analysis perspective.

Participants learn about current trends, practices, and tools available
for social networks analysis, link analysis, simulation, and multi-agent
modeling. Basic social network and dynamic network representations,
statistics, analysis and visualization techniques are covered.
Techniques for designing, analyzing, and validating computational models
with and without network components are presented. There is also an
emphasis on appropriate and inappropriate ways to critique computational
models and network analyses. The strengths and weaknesses of
computational and network approaches to examining complex
socio-technical issues are discussed. Multiple computational platforms
are explored and hands-on experience are provided. An examination of
social network methods, complexity theory and procedures for integrating
network-based metrics and statistics into computational models completes
the program.

The software tools participants will learn and work with include: ORA,
AutoMap/NetMapper, and Construct, which are network analysis,
information extraction, and simulations tools, respectively, that are
developed at CASOS and widely used globally in business, government, and
education.

You can register at:
https://starrez.housing.cmu.edu/StarRezPortalConference/Modules/Conference/ConferenceDetails.aspx?Params=L9ezxPcQnQvo2mu47qXm1G03uXNqEECHi%2fvin51ezp7wPRM3bP0az2KlJb42%2fcn%2f

You can also visit our website for more information about the program:
http://www.casos.cs.cmu.edu/events/summer_institute/2016/

We look forward to seeing you this summer!

CASOS, Institute for Software Research

Carnegie Mellon University

5000 Forbes Ave, 4212 Wean Hall

Pittsburgh, Pa. 15213-3890