I'm not sure your characterization about social network analysis being not
dynamic is correct.  There's a great deal of work being done on dynamic
SAOMs (see Snijder's work and Sienna software) and temporal ERGMs
(TERGMs, see Hanneke & Xing, and Krivitsky and Handcock, and the tergm
package in statnet software).

We are  using STERGMs to estimate network patterns from egocentrically
sampled data, and then simulate dynamic networks from the model, as a
basis for studying how HIV spreads through contact networks.  The approach
is currently being used by the CDC for their projections of the
effectiveness of alternative HIV prevention strategies.

Martina

On Mon, 23 May 2016, Thomas Ball wrote:

> ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Social network analysis is, for the most part, not dynamic. An
> important exception in this regard is the work being done by Iman van Lelyveld in dynamic mapping of the relationships
> between and among Europe's Central Banks.
> What other work on dynamic social network analysis is being done? Are protocols being developed that perform
> forward-looking forecasts?
> _____________________________________________________________________ SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional
> [log in to unmask] containing the line UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.

  Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Director, UWCFAR Sociobehavioral and Prevention Research Core
  Box 354322
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-4322

  Office:        (206) 685-3402