Hello All,

I have a simple task but I cannot seem to find a solution for some reason. I need to generate a list of transitive triads in a given network. I also want the list to indicate node position within the triad. That is, for each triad I want to be able to identify which node is the 2-in-star, the 2-out-star, and the 2-path. Pajek generates a list within hierarchy via the ‘locate fragment’ algorithm but I don’t believe it orders the nodes by position. Does anyone know if UCINET does this? Or is there a code in an R package that can be readily used?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Neha

Neha Gondal
Assistant Professor