Fifth International Summer School «THEORY AND METHODS OF EXPONENTIAL RANDOM GRAPH MODELING» (TMSA-2016)

July 4-8, 2016, Moscow, Russia

NRU Higher School of Economics International Laboratory for Applied Network Research (https://anr.hse.ru/en/) is delighted to invite applications for its fifth summer school, “Theory and methods of Exponential Random Graph Modeling.”

The purpose of the school is to provide students who already have a solid understanding of social network analysis, with some specifics of p*, or ERGM, a family of statistical methods for analyzing networks. Topics covered are designed to provide deeper understanding of network formation and structure by comparing all possible alternative networks.

As with all previous schools, the main goal of the school is to help participants use the integrated systems thinking approach to create theoretically driven, methodologically sound research projects. Therefore, the participants are encouraged to bring their own projects and data to the school. Participants will also receive three ECTS credits for their participation in the course. The working language of the school is English.

Participation requirements
Researchers and students who have a basic understanding of SNA methods and interested in utilizing SNA in their respective areas of study, are invited to apply. We are delighted to introduce our new Master’s program, “Applied Statistics with Network Analysis,” so we especially encourage prospective students to become school participants.

Instructors
Peng Wang, Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne
Stanley Wasserman, scientific supervisor, NRU HSE International laboratory for applied network research and Indiana University
Valentina Kuskova and Benjamin Lind, senior researchers, NRU HSE International laboratory for applied network research

Applications

Deadline for application is June 1, 2016

To apply, please follow the link.

Please include your CV and any other materials you find relevant (such as abstracts of working papers), so that we can better tailor your individual reading list to your academic interests.

Fees
As a departure from a traditional fee structure, the instruction for this school is offered free of charge, and all materials (including individually customized reading packets based on students’ interest) and all meals except dinner  will be provided (travel and accommodations are not included). Admission preference will be given to applicants who are strongly interested in applying to our new Master’s “Applied Statistics with Network Analysis” program and are using this opportunity to get acquainted with our faculty, resources, and research opportunities.

Contacts
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Contact person: Enge Iskhakova, manager

Valentina (Valya) Kuskova, PhD
Deputy First Vice Rector
Head, NRU HSE International Laboratory for Applied Network Research
National Research University Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia
20 Myasnitskaya, office 231
Mobile Russia: +7-916-974-9287
Mobile US: +1-208-371-0324
www.anr.hse.ru/en/