Colleagues,

This is to update you on a new format for submitting articles to Connections, one of the two official journals of INSNA (JOSS being our sister online journal).

In our Editorial Board meeting in Newport Beach we took the decision to appoint subject editors.  They are listed below.  The thematic areas of cover are chosen on the basis of previous submissions to the Journal.

On future submissions please indicate the thematic area (or areas) that are associated to your topic.  Articles should be sent to myself at this email and I will then forward to the appropriate subject editors.

We are keen to receive articles where the research design element of a study is explicit.  As you can see from previous issues, Connections is a great venue for publishing research reports, new algorithms and new applications as well as datasets.  Following member suggestions at our meeting in Newport Beach I would also like to encourage articles on pedagogic practice in teaching network analysis and survey instruments (see list of editors).

There are no submission deadlines, no submission fees and no copyediting fees.  The lead author receives a print of the journal and authors retain copyright, as our journal follows an open access ethic. We produce a DOI and post aproved articles online before they come out on our print edition.

SUBJECT EDITORS

Dimitris Christopoulos

politics & research design

Kate Coronges

communication

Bruce Cronin

business networks & innovation

Jana Diesner

semantic networks & text mining

Kayla de la Haye

health & social psychology

Nick Harrigan

ERGMs & negative ties

Betina Hollstein

mixed methods & qualitative

Karin Ingold

politics & policy

Ian McCulloh

graph theory, blockmodels & clustering

Susie Pak

history

Elena Pavan

social media

Juergen Pfeffer

visualizations & centrality metrics

Kerstin Sailer

geographical & spatial networks

David Schaefer

experimental

Christophe Sohn

urban and regional studies

Olivier Walther

trade & dark networks

&

Juergen Pfeffer, DEN-Data Exchange Network

Alexandra Marin, DCI-Data Collection Instruments

I thank the new subject editors for accepting this responsibility and all of you for your support to the journal, whether as authors, reviewers or readers

Dimitris

Dr Dimitris Christopoulos

Department of Public Governance & Sustainable Development
MODUL University Vienna

+44 796 858 1009

Editor, Connections
http://www.insna.org/pubs/connections/

www.dimitriscc.wordpress.com

RECENT PUBLICATIONS

Christopoulos, D., Ingold, K. ‘Exceptional or just well connected? Political entrepreneurs and brokers in policy making’ The European Political Science Review, 7(3), 475-498, 2015 DOI: 10.1017/S1755773914000277 & copy: http://journals.cambridge.org/repo_A94zOINj

Christopoulos, D., Vogl, S. ‘The Motivation of Social Entrepreneurs: The roles, agendas and relations of altruistic economic actors’ The Journal of Social Entrepreneurship, 6(1), 1-30, 2015, DOI: 10.1080/19420676.2014.954254

Christopoulos, D. 'The impact of social networks on leadership behaviour' Methodological Innovations January-December 2016 9: 2059799116630649 DOI:10.1177/2059799116630649