You can install EgoWeb on you institutional server (or any other server). So you can set it up however you like and control his it is installed and running.   The data are stored in a fully encrypted data base.  There is a description of the security features in the github wiki.  We added a lot of security features to EgoWeb to satisfy RAND information security requirements so we could put it on one of our external servers.  RAND tends to have strict security requirements, so I assume they meet most institutional requirements.

Sent from my iPad