Enterprises that fail to properly manage email for information governance
purposes can face catastrophic consequences, according to a new survey. Two
recent examples: Scottrade was fined $2.6 million in 2015 because it could
not produce important emails for an audit. Barclays faced a $3.75 million
lawsuit in 2013 over its alleged decade-long failure to properly keep
electronic records, emails and instant messages. Software companies
harmon.ie and Gimmal conducted the survey, "When the Last Mile of
Information Governance Goes Horribly Wrong: the Risks of Failing to Treat
Email as a Record."

http://bit.ly/1WPuXWG
http://bit.ly/1WPuXWG+

--