Erica,
Though Passive House has its roots in North America, it has really been championed in Germany (at least the computer modeling, etc.), which is a colder and dryer climate. That is why it is more popular in the north as well as dryer climates where technologies such as heat recovery ventilation seem to work so well. Here in the south we have issues that are completely the opposite (hot and humid climatic zone), therefore what seems to be a positive for them (maximizing ambient heat sources and introducing/taking advantage of interior humidity), is a negative for us. Controlling humidity is a big issue in southern regions. And Passive House US is trying to come to grips with this reality in their modeling.
Rob Overly

From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Offsite builder, architect launch line of energy-efficient prefab homes
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 02:01:46 +0000

Dear Mr. Overly,

Thank you for your insight and the reading suggestion! With so many different ways to achieve green housing, it can be difficult for the layman to consider the most appropriate options to work toward more sustainable designs in the current housing industry. I hope that the trend of Passive Housing is something that will take a firm root in America, and become a gateway for more sustainable housing practices in future.

BEST,
Erica