The College (PHHP) has a task force on Blended Learning.  We meet biweekly (Fridays at 11) to discuss and decide many aspects of the college's blended/flipped learning implementation:  Everything from technology decisions to classroom remodeling to syllabus revisions. We're currently working on identifying dimensions of teacher competencies, and how to measure them - as a prelude to developing a "teaching excellence" program and incorporating a stronger consideration of teaching excellence into the tenure and promotion process. Amanda Balkhi has been our most recent representative, so you could ask her about workload, pros/cons if you had questions.

We will have vacancies for at least one student member (possibly more), who would serve, I assume, from 7/1/2016 to 6/30/2017.  The student would have to be from the PHHP college.

Obviously this kind of "student service" looks good on a CV, especially for those who might have longer-term academic aspirations.

If you're interested in serving, please let me know, and I'll find out what more is required to be considered for nomination.

Best, Michael

==

Michael Marsiske, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
University of Florida
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology
PO Box 100165, 1225 Center Dr., Rm. 3170
Gainesville, FL 32610-0165
[log in to unmask] (email)
(352) 273-5097 (phone)
(801) 720-5897 (fax)