From: Helmut Berger [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:03 AM
To: Pawson, Dave <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Information on Oloughlinius Pawson & Pawson in Pawson et al., 2015

Dear Dr. Pawson,

this is only an information.

Recently I saw your paper Pawson et al. (2015, Bull. Mar. Sci. 91, 167-204; p. 182) where you replaced Meseres Ludwig, 1893 by Oloughlinius Pawson & Pawson in Pawson et al., 2015 because of homonymy with the ciliate genus Meseres Schewiakoff, 1892. However, Meseres Ludwig, 1893 was already replaced by Echinomeseres Berger, 2011, p. 352 (Berger 2011, Monograph of the Gonostomatidae and Kahliellidae (Ciliophora, Hypotricha). Monographiae Biologica, 90, i-xiv, 1-741, Springer;  You can see the relevant page with google books).

Thus, Oloughlinius is a junior synonym of Echinomeseres.

Kind regards
Helmut Berger

Dr Helmut Berger
Technisches Büro für Ökologie
Consulting Engineering Office for Ecology
Radetzkystrasse 10
5020 Salzburg
Austria

https://www.protozoology.com