Dear Esteemed Holothuriologists,

Please see the attached e-mail from Helmut Berger concerning a new genus-name (Oloughlinius) that Doris and I had proposed in 2015 to replace the preoccupied synallactid name Meseres, not knowing that Dr. Berger had solved that particular problem in his 2011 Protozoa Ciliophora monograph with the new name Echinomeseres Berger, 2011.

Mark O’Loughlin, sorry about the short-lived genus-name!  Doris and I will try to find a handsome deep-sea holothurian to name after you!

Cheers, Dave Pawson.

David L. Pawson

Emeritus Senior Scientist

Mail Stop MRC163,