Hi Correy,

One thing my current tutors do is serve on committees that are charged with
specific projects and assignments. Everyone has to serve on a committee and
the committees are changed every trimester. You can see detailed
descriptions at http://byuistta.com/Committees.html

In addition to the value they bring to the program by using downtime to
work on projects, my secondary goal is to give them resume and portfolio
building experience that will benefit them in the long-term. It looks
pretty good on a resume to say that you chaired a committee that developed
an online training unit for new employees, or that you collaborated with a
team of four others to create a series of review sheets for students in
Spanish 101.

Best,

Wendy Simmerman
Tutor/TA Services - Independent Study
Brigham Young University

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Hammond, Correll <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:

> Good Day Everyone~
>
> Curious to know what creative things you may have your tutors do when they
> aren't actively tutoring students that could be beneficial for your center,
> program, or office? In short, it's summer and our center is just beginning
> to get some momentum on campus. I don't want to release any tutors just yet
> as need may increase. Therefore, I'm looking for creative things they could
> be doing while not actively tutoring. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? I
> thank you in advance.
>
> Correy
>
> [cid:[log in to unmask]]
> Correy Hammond M.S., College Student Personnel
> Director of Student Success
> Louisiana State University Shreveport
> Office: (318) 795-2485   Fax: (318) 797-5064
> https:[log in to unmask]>
> www.lsus.edu<http://www.lsus.edu/>
> [cid:[log in to unmask]]

> browser to