-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jill Gosseen
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 9:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tutor Evaluation Process

Hello everyone,

Would anyone be willing to share their tutor evaluation process and forms?
We have tutors complete a self-evaluation which we then collect and review
before we do an individual consultation with the tutor.  Our tutor
consultation is eleven questions and I'm not sure we are evaluating the
"right" areas to make our tutors want/become better.  Any thoughts would
be greatly appreciated.  The eleven questions we have on our consult form
are below.

Circle the appropriate score (1 is the lowest, 5 is the highest)

1.  Is always accessible and easy to find.
1 2 3 4 5

2.  Is pleasant and patient with students.
1 2 3 4 5

3.  Encourages students to work on their own whenever possible.
1 2 3 4 5

4.       Is attentive to what is going on in the room and who needs help.
1 2 3 4 5

5.       Periodically walks around the computer labs, pushing in chairs,
checking on

students' work, putting paper in printers, dusts, checks for food and
phones.               1 2 3 4 5

6.       Promptly reports any infractions of L.C rules.
1 2 3 4 5

7.       Writes up any incidents that make him/her uncomfortable or
threatened.                     1 2 3 4 5

8.       Is respectful to the other tutors.
1 2 3 4 5

9.       Is responsible about calling in when absent (makes arrangements
for
a substitute).  1 2 3 4 5

10.   Is prompt and on time for duty.
1 2 3 4 5

11.   Is a role model for other students/tutors when not on duty by
following the LARC      1 2 3 4 5

rules and expectations.

Jill Gosseen

Coordinator of the Library and Academic Resource Center

Moberly Area Community College

101 College Avenue

Moberly, MO  65270

660-263-4100 ext. 11310