Ph. (614) 236-6461
Fax (614) 236-6728
www.capital.edu/academic-success/
Schedule tutoring appointments at tutortrac.capital.edu

From: "Askey, Kelly L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, June 13, 2016 at 11:43 AM
Subject: Appointment Reminders

I was wondering if anyone uses an appointment reminder system where a text message (and/or email) is sent to the student to remind him or her of their tutoring appointments? If so, what do you use, how does it work, and has it be successful? In addition, I am interested to know if students are accepting of receiving reminders to their phones or email?

In my personal life, I've noticed more and more medical professionals and other appointment-based services are using text message reminders, and I don't minder getting them. I think that it could lower our incidence of no call/not shows if we sent reminders, as well, but since students would be getting them twice a week (if reminded before each tutoring appointment), I am not sure if that would be seen as being too disruptive or annoying.

I am thinking I could possibly use Google Calendar for this, but I'd also like to know of other no cost or low cost options.

Thanks,

Kelly Askey-Lodes
Peer Tutoring & Study Skills Development Program Supervisor
STLCC-FV, SC-130
314-513-4073