On the topic of network data repositories:

Recently, Aaron Clauset's team in UC Boulder has taken the idea of
repositories in a new direction: rather than storing the data, they
created a searchable index/catalogue.  The system provides metadata,
links to the original data, and a curated submission page.

https://icon.colorado.edu/

This idea of indexing is highly valuable because the original authors
maintain ownership of the data.  Moreover, not all data could be put
in a public repository because storage requires licensing and creates
a legal responsibility. Indexing complements the Data Exchange Network
(below), which actually provide peer review and permanent storage.

--
Alexander "Sasha" Gutfraind, PhD
Lecturer - Loyola University Medical Center