***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****Dear friends and colleagues,_____________________________________________________________________ SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.
I'm delighted to report that my new book, "The Sharing Economy," (http://www.s12y.com) is now available, on Amazon and in many bookstores around the world. (It may take until the end of June for it to reach some countries.)
I've included links to a few (favorable) reactions at the end of this message. I'm expecting a few more over the coming weeks. Tune in to Bloomberg TV around 12:45pm today (6/17), or to the Diane Rehm Show on NPR Monday (6/20) at 11:00am if you want to catch me live.
I would really appreciate your support in getting the book off to a strong start. If you're thrilled to see that someone has finally written a book called "The Sharing Economy," or if you've enjoyed listening to my ideas in the past, or if you're an influencer who likes to spread important content (of course you are!), or if you're trying to help your friends find an excellent summer read, or if you just like to share, here are three ways in which you can help:
(1) Get yourself a copy of the book. It's available in hardcover, Kindle ebook, Audible audio, CD audio and ancient parchment formats. Amazon sells almost all of these.
(2) Spread the word. Post a link to the book (http://amzn.to/24p9Xe8) or to one of the articles below on your Facebook or LinkedIn. Tweet to your followers. Tell your friends to look for the book. Tell them to tell their friends. Seed your very own social contagion.
(3) Write a review of the book on Amazon. It's quick and easy. Three or four sentences is plenty. I'm bound to read it almost instantly, since I'm monitoring the page around the clock. (And lots of other people will as well.)
If you made it this far, I'm grateful. I hope you're having an awesome summer!
Some reviews and reactions
(1) Profile of the book on the TED ideas blog
(2) Book Q&A on Bloomberg View
(3) Nice TIME article about the book (and a few others)
(4) Book interview on Marketplace Radio
(5) Book interview on The Bloomberg Advantage
(6) Great review from the IMF
A few sample tweets in case you're inclined
Trying to figure out the #SharingEconomy? It just got so much easier! Pick up a copy of @digitalarun's new book. http://amzn.to/24p9Xe8
"...a fundamental shift in how we organize economic activity." great profile of 'The #SharingEconomy' from @TEDTalks http://ideas.ted.com/change-is-good-exchange-is-better/
"tackles the myriad issues...in his path-breaking book." @IMFNews on 'The #SharingEconomy' www.s12y.com http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/fandd/2016/06/book3.htm
secrets of the #sharingeconomy: @foxjust interviews @digitalarun about his new book. www.s12y.com http://bv.ms/1tw9iam
@digitalarun | http://oz.stern.nyu.edu/
Get 'The Sharing Economy' at http://www.s12y.com/
"Be the change you want to see in the world." (Gandhi)