Dear All

*** The following will be of interest to social network researchers and practitioners in Australia ***

I am delighted to invite you to the 1st Australian Social Network Analysis Conference (ASNAC 2016) to be held 16-17 November 2016 at Swinburne University of Technology (Hawthorn Campus in Melbourne).

Conference details can be found at: http://www.asnac2016.org.au/

This conference marks the first national meeting in Australia for researchers and practitioners who are working with social network analysis (SNA). The conference intends to build greater coordination and collaboration among social network researchers and practitioners in Australia, and raise the profile of SNA nationally.

The conference will bring together scholars from key universities and research institutes in Australia, including doctoral students, as well as industrial partners who are working on the theory, method and application of social network analysis. The conference is hosted by the MelNet Social Network Research Group (MelNet Swinburne node) - part of the Centre for Transformative Innovation at Swinburne University of Technology.

Abstract submissions are online at http://www.asnac2016.org.au/ and participants can either give a presentation or present a poster. Additionally, there is no need to present and you can simply attend the conference (registration is here<https://www.swinburne.edu.au/events/departments/business-law/2016/11/the-1st-australian-social-network-analysis-conference.php> or simply follow the link from the website). All presenters must also register for the conference.

Finally, we note the following support from the INSNA:

"The scope and aims of the 1st Australian Social Network Analysis Conference are endorsed by INSNA (International Network for Social Network Analysis) and we are pleased to offer our support of the conference.  We invite all participants to join INSNA and to participate in our signature Sunbelt Conferences (XXXVII in 30 May 2017 - 4 June 2017 in Beijing, CN)."
- Committee, International Network for Social Network Analysis (INSNA) 2016

We look forward to seeing you here in Melbourne.

Kind regards
Dean

(On behalf of the organising committee, A/Professor Dean Lusher, Professor Garry Robins & Dr Peng Wang)

Associate Professor Dean Lusher
ARC Future Fellow
Associate Director | Centre for Transformative Innovation
Faculty of Business and Law
Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
T: +61 3 9214 5934 E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
W: www.swinburne.edu.au/melnet<http://www.swinburne.edu.au/melnet>