Hello BESTers,

Whatever your opinion of Wal-mart, you can't deny it plays a huge role
in the marketplace.  It is now getting into the ugly produce game.
Announced this week, Wal-mart is piloting the sale of weather-damaged
apples at 300 stores in Florida.  Ugly produce is one of the hottest
topics right now in the fight against food waste, but this is by and
large the most significant step forward for the movement.  If this takes
off, we could see ugly produce at Wal-mart's more than 4,000 stores. So
for those of you in Florida, I encourage you to visit your local
Wal-mart and send the message that dented apples are no worse than
perfectly smooth ones.

Have a great weekend,

Ryan

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/07/20/486664266/walmart-world-s-largest-grocer-is-now-selling-ugly-fruit-and-veg

Wal-Mart, America's Largest Grocer, Is Now Selling Ugly Fruit And
Vegetables
Maria Godoy
NPR-The Salt
July 20, 2016