Colleagues,

I'm looking to reference research articles that have tied network structure of small teams (n=6-8 people) to measured (scored) indices of performance.

In low performing small teams, we find more communications and the team leader is central.
In high performing teams, we find less communications overall and the team leader is in the periphery.

This seems counter-intuitive, but is understandable in terms of the stages of team formation (Tuckman) and the establishment of normative and performance-focused work routines.

If you have similar or contrary findings, please let me know and I will cite.

Thank you,
Norbou

Norbou Buchler, PhD
Network Science Program