Patrick, thank you for the great email/summary on this topic.  One of our IT Directors and I are actually presenting a Cloud Service Procurement Policy to our Senior Management Team tomorrow.  The Policy hits on the items/concerns you noted; it was very helpful (and reassuring) to read your comments (and the crazy scenario you described).

Thanks again for sharing!

Brett Wise CRM, CIPP/US, IGP, CIP | American Board of Pediatrics
Director of Records & Information Management
111 Silver Cedar Court
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 929-0461