After months of illness I finally got out to do some shore birding. I birded the last dirt road to the dyke access before headquarters. (no name road) I found what appears to be an adult non breeding Baird's Sandpiper. I've seen only one before, and it was a juvenile. I also saw many other shorebirds including a Solitary Sandpiper. I worked all the way out Peacocks Pocket Road where I found Yellow Warbler and Northern Waterthrush. If I'm wrong in my ID I'm sure one of the more experienced birders will correct me on the Baird's. I also ran into Phyllis who says she also saw the Barid's this morning. Best birding I've had in a while.

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/29203699285

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/29203698105

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/29125299901

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/28915748710