Hello,

Those who had attended our twitter mining workshops at the Sunbelt
(and eusn) might remember that the tools for data analytics that we we
were using were the Jupyter (former iPython) Notebook and the Beaker
Notebooks.

However, during the last few weeks we were trying the Apache Zeppelin
Notebook (https://zeppelin.apache.org/) and we found it superb for
data analysis.

Just to form an idea, you might want to see the Zeppelin Notebook that
we have created for a very elementary Twitter and sentiment analysis
of the Aylan Kurdi tweets in the period September 2-21, 2015, that we
had collected from Twitter gardenhose:

https://www.zeppelinhub.com/viewer/notebooks/aHR0cHM6Ly9yYXcuZ2l0aHVidXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29tL21ib3Vkb3VyL1R3aXR0ZXJNaW5pbmcvbWFzdGVyL3plcHBlbGluL0F5bGFuJTIwS3VyZGkuanNvbg

Soon, we are going to include in this notebook also some extra network
computations (for co-occurring hashtags and mentions among Twitter
users).

I was wondering whether we could exchange ideas and experiences on the
best way to present network big data analyses through the Zeppelin
notebook (or other similar tools) with those in the socnet list who
happen to be working in this area.

Best,

--Moses