Social and Economic Networks: Models and Analysis, begins this coming
Monday, 9/12/2016, on Coursera:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/social-economic-networks

This is professor Matt Jackon's companion book for the class:

https://www.amazon.com/Social-Economic-Networks-Matthew-Jackson/dp/0691148201/ref=sr_1_1

This is perhaps remedial for most SOCNET members, but not all of us are
doing postgraduate work in the field, so perhaps someone else will find
this useful. The class is described as follows:

Learn how to model social and economic networks and their impact on human
behavior.  How do networks form, why do they exhibit certain patterns, and
how does their structure impact diffusion, learning, and other behaviors?
We will bring together models and techniques from economics, sociology,
math, physics, statistics and computer science to answer these questions.

The course begins with some empirical background on social and economic
networks, and an overview of concepts used to describe and measure
networks. Next, we will cover a set of models of how networks form,
including random network models as well as strategic formation models, and
some hybrids. We will then discuss a series of models of how networks
impact behavior, including contagion, diffusion, learning, and peer
influences.

You can find a more detailed syllabus here:
http://web.stanford.edu/~jacksonm/Networks-Online-Syllabus.pdf

You can find a short introductory videao here:
http://web.stanford.edu/~jacksonm/Intro_Networks.mp4