   Barry Wellman

                  Streisand/Sondheim
                        http://amzn.to/zXZg39

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 21:59:56 +0000
From: "Brooks, Catherine F - (cfbrooks)" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Heidorn, Bryan - (heidorn)" <[log in to unmask]>,
     "Shmargad, Yotam - (yotam)" <[log in to unmask]>,
     "Klar, Samara M - (klar)" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: CDSDS research fellow positions in Tucson

Hi Barry!  I hope all is well with you and Bev! I just wanted to share this, as we have new opportunities down here with the Center. Our start and end dates/timing can be negotiated, and we'd love to hear from some of your former students or others you know who may be looking for a posting like the one you can see here:

http://uacareers.com/postings/13452

The University of Arizona's (UA) Center for Digital Society and Data
Studies, in coordination with faculty from UA's School of Information and
School of Government and Public Policy (SGPP), welcomes applications for
three (3) postdoctoral fellows beginning in Late October or Early
November, 2016 and ending August, 2017 (these are 10-month positions). The
fellows will work with Professors Catherine Brooks, Samara Klar, and Yotam
Shmargad on a series of projects related to government surveillance,
technology use in developing countries, and the role of Big Data in
political elections. Working with faculty mentors, fellows will write
scholarly research papers, produce opinion pieces for popular media
outlets, and communicate with stakeholders such as government officials
and think tanks. Fellows will also support proposal development for
external grant opportunities that are aligned with these research areas.
Fellows should have strong methodological backgrounds and writing skills.
We invite applicants from across the methodological spectrum, though
priority will be given to those with expertise in statistical modeling,
experiments in the lab or field, surveys, or ethnographic interviews. The
goals of this project are to generate research findings that will inform
policy, create new avenues for advocacy, and inform the broader public. ?

Please share and forward, we would very much appreciate that!

Sincerely, Catherine

?

Catherine F. Brooks, PhD, Director, Center for Digital Society and Data Studies (CDSDS)

http://cdsds.arizona.edu/

Associate Director, Arizona's iSchool, School of Information at UA
http://si.arizona.edu/

"If only Romeo and Juliet had had mobile phones, they might have lived happily ever after"
(Wellman and Rainie).