Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 11:04:24 +0000
From: "[utf-8] Complexity Digest" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "[utf-8] Barry" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [utf-8] Latest Complexity Digest Posts

Learn about the latest and greatest related to complex systems research. More at http://unam.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0eb0ac9b4e8565f2967a8304b&id=3b6237bd0c&e=55e25a0e3e

Networks: An Economic Perspective

    We discuss social network analysis from the perspective of economics.
We organize the presentaion around the theme of externalities: the effects
that one's behavior has on others' well-being. Externalities underlie the
interdependencies that make networks interesting. We discuss network
formation, as well as interactions between peoples' behaviors within a
given network, and the implications in a variety of settings. Finally, we
highlight some empirical challenges inherent in the statistical analysis
of network-based data.

Networks: An Economic Perspective
Matthew O. Jackson, Brian W. Rogers, Yves Zenou

Source: arxiv.org (http://unam.us4.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=0eb0ac9b4e8565f2967a8304b&id=2c5d17fe0f&e=55e25a0e3e)

Parag Khanna on The Global Connectivity Revolution ˙˙ RSA

    http://unam.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0eb0ac9b4e8565f2967a8304b&id=84253e32de&e=55e25a0e3e

The Global Connectivity Revolution with strategist and author Parag Khanna. We're accelerating into a future shaped less by countries and more by mega-cities; less by borders and more by connectivity. It is time to reimagine how life is organised on Earth. Leading strategist Parag Khanna shows how the global connectivity revolution - in transport, infrastructure, communications - has upended the ˙˙geography is destiny˙˙ mantra, and how connectivity, not sovereignty, has become the organising principle of 21st century society.

Source: www.thersa.org (http://unam.us4.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=0eb0ac9b4e8565f2967a8304b&id=e2bff7be83&e=55e25a0e3e)

Founding Editor: Gottfried Mayer.
Editor-in-Chief: Carlos Gershenson.

You can contribute to Complexity Digest selecting one of our topics (http://unam.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0eb0ac9b4e8565f2967a8304b&id=64bb6ba805&e=55e25a0e3e ) and using the "Suggest" button.