Several years ago, I was active on the SOCNET listserve and within the INSNA network; applying SNA methodologies to examine networks of actors (scientists and organizations) in plant breeding and plant genetic resources. It is good to be back (just rejoined) and I look forward to the daily emails and interactions with group members.

I recently joined Monsanto as part of the scientific affairs team. We are working on a small project to map our connections to government and universities over time through bibliometric/co-citation analysis. As I have been out of the 'SNA game' for some time, I would appreciate some advice from the SOCNET group. What platforms are currently used to scrape data from PubMed or Web of Knowledge? What platforms are used to efficiently conduct co-citation analysis?

As I have been out of the loop for some time, I expect that there have been changes to platforms and maybe there are new ones. Any insights that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Historically, I have worked with UCINet, Pajek, and ORA.

Thanks in advance,
cami

---
Camille (Cami) D. Ryan, B.Comm., Ph.D.
Social Sciences Lead, Regulatory Policy and Scientific Affairs
Monsanto Company
800 N. Lindbergh Blvd. - C3727N
St. Louis, MO 63167
Tweet me: @DocCamiRyan
Facebook: "Camistry": Society, Science, Tech & Ag
Blog: "Camistry" www.camiryan.com
cell: 314.452.8094
office: 314.694.8817

"Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses - especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else." ~ Leonardo da Vinci

This email and any attachments were sent from a Monsanto email account and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this email and any attachments immediately. Any unauthorized use, including disclosing, printing, storing, copying or distributing this email, is prohibited. All emails and attachments sent to or from Monsanto email accounts may be subject to monitoring, reading, and archiving by Monsanto, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, as permitted by applicable law. Thank you.