***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi Cami,

If you are comfortable with Python, my lab group has developed a package that meets your needs. It’s called metaknowledge. You can read about it here: http://networkslab.org/metaknowledge/. I am also happy to send you a paper (currently under review) that provides a detailed explanation of how to use metaknowledge for bibliometrics and social networks research on science. Generating a co-citation network takes only a couple of lines of code and is extremely fast, even for large datasets.

It works with raw data from PubMed, Web of Science, Scopus, and other databases.

John

John McLevey, PhD
Assistant Professor
University of Waterloo