Dear SOCNETters,

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this email.

You are kindly invited to participate to the Workshop "Multilayer and Interconnected Networks: Applications", that will take place in Amsterdam as a satellite of the 2016 Conference on Complex Systems, on 21st September 2016.

The scope of the Workshop is to review the recent advances in the field of multilayer and interconnected networks, focusing in particular on the interplay between structure and dynamics. We will pay special attention to novel applications in which the multilayer formulation is crucial. The list of topics covered at the conference will be the following:

- Mathematical properties of multilayer and interconnected structures
- Empirical measurements of multilayer and interconnected networks
- Applications of such models to biological, social and urban systems

The keynote speakers will be:

- Prof. Marc Barthelemy, Institut de Physique Théorique, CEA, CNRS (France)
- Dr. Jesús Gómez-Gardeñes, Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain)
- Prof. Marta Gonzalez, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA)
- Prof. Shlomo Havlin, Bar-Ilan University (Israel)
- Prof. Vito Latora, Queen Mary University of London (UK)
- Dr. Osman Yagan, Carnegie Mellon University (USA)

The Workshop will include six more oral contributions and will last the entire day.

The final program, including title and abstract of invited and oral contributions can be found in the official website of the Workshop: http://deim.urv.cat/~alephsys/PhysPlex2016/index.html

We warmly invite researchers from all disciplines to attend the Workshop and stimulate discussions.

The organizers:
Alex Arenas
Manlio De Domenico