You're in luck, Matt Jackon's excellent Coursera offering happens to start
this Monday. The book for the class is available via Amazon Kindle. The
course offering says you don't need it, a statement with which I disagree.

https://www.coursera.org/learn/social-economic-networks

https://www.amazon.com/Social-Economic-Networks-Matthew-Jackson/dp/0691148201/ref=sr_1_1

I've taken this course twice in the past, bowing out due to health concerns
before completing both times. During those attempts I found that there was
a bit of disorder - tasks to be performed were found to not work as
described for Mac or Windows users, then changed in some way that added a
new tool and some additional time to the project.

That seems to be the norm for Coursera. I previously took Lada Adamic's
Social Network Analysis course all four times it was offered, thoroughly
enjoying the additional material that appeared each time as the book she
coauthored was tuned for classroom use. Sadly, this most excellent class is
no longer offered.

Hope this class tickles your fancy, given that the start time is perfect
for you ...

--
mailto:[log in to unmask]